Welcome to FlorIDA

Welcome! From Sweet Home to FlorIDA...I really think I need to stop changing the name of my blog every year because even I'm getting lost!

We've been in the house here at Camp Pinchot for two and a half weeks and it still feels a little like we're on vacation. Never in a million years did I think that we'd be living on the water...on the water in government housing no less! We're in a 111-year-old, 2 bedroom (plus one "Hen House") house, so with 5 people, we've had to get creative with space. The kids already know that nobody is safe - beds are at a premium and you might not be sleeping in your own for a few days in a row, depending on who we have visiting. So, here's your official invitation. Come visit us here in FlorIda, where the door will always be open and the drinks will always be cold.
(click the link above to see a little more about Camp Pinchot)

Coming in thru the gate
The Hen House to the right and the main house in the distance


The fishing/boat dock
We only spent two nights "camping out" this time around. 
I waved my white flag though and told Matt this was the LAST time I'd be camping out. 
I'm too old for it now!
Wicks quickly picked his spot
There's nothing like getting your ID confiscated the first time you try to get on base.
Note to self....ID cards DO expire. 
I was super skeptical but our HHG were delivered on the date promised! 
I couldn't believe that they showed up on time and on a SUNDAY!
This was our best move in twenty years by far!!
Just like Wicket, Henry's Coke machine easily found its perfect spot
Beans took the inaugural sunset paddle out the first night 
This is nature heaven for Viv!




Come on over, the water is perfect...






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Florida Farewell