The Short Story - The End

Henry's short story ended tonight.

From 4 feet 10 inches to 5 feet 8 inches.

He took his first Human Growth Hormone (HGH) injection on April 17, 2017, and his last one tonight. That's 1018 days of injections. 2 years, 9 months and 13 days and it's been all Henry the entire time. Not once did Matt or I give him an injection. Henry took control from day one and was responsible for his own treatment every day after that.

I'm not sure why but it feels bittersweet to end this journey. Bitter in that I can still feel the self-doubt and second-guessing Matt and I put ourselves through when we first started Henry's testing, but sweet in that today I have no doubt we made the right decisions back then. Sweet in that Henry has come so far, and sweet in that I am so, so proud of him.

So, there it is.

The End.
Florida State University 
January 18, 2020


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Florida Farewell