Dancing Queen

Middle school dances just hit different. How is it that we're already here with Viv?! 

She was so excited all week that she barely slept. She asked me a hundred times if I was sure that it was on Friday night and not Saturday night. She went through the list of songs that she thought the DJ would play and who she thought would dance with who. 

And then she asked...

"What the heck do I do if a boy asks me to dance?!" 

So there we were...in the living room...practicing slow dancing. Exactly like I did with the boys when they were her age. Hand placement was the only difference - 'no hands lower than this and no hands higher than this' was all the same though! 

I even gave her the best line to ever come out of a Bishop Machebeuf High School dance..."remember when you're slow dancing to always leave room for the Holy Spirit". 

It's like riding a bike, this mom-of-a-teenager-going-to-a-school-dance-thing. Nailed it :) 
The Fun Run was during the school day - she had a blast at that too!


Saint Mary Catholic School 
8th Grade
 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Florida Farewell