The 'Vid

Twenty seven months. I went Covid-free for 27 months before the 'vid got me. Four weeks ago today I started with an itchy throat that I chalked it up to some spicy cheese that I had eaten. Ugh. I was "that person". 

By Monday morning my throat was on fire and I was a little congested but still, I wasn't totally convinced. I had joked so many times before about having "hysterical Covid", but this did feel different. Matt was supposed to leave later that afternoon on a TDY, so I figured I should test, just in case. 

And it was positive. The faintest positive. But still. It was positive. 

Monday...
a faint positive in the morning 
...and this was just a few hours later.
My head was aching and my throat felt like it was covered in glass slivers

Tuesday...
really, really positive
...my best buddy Wicks stayed by my side though 
Wednesday...
I felt absolutely terrible 
My symptoms were getting worse
Thursday...
still felt horrible 
Friday... 
The first day I felt better than the day before. 
Technically this was day 5 so I could've gotten out 
of isolation but decided to stay in through the weekend just to be careful
Saturday...
Was still fatigued, congested and had a cough
 but the headache was finally gone.
I definitely felt better! 
Sunday (day 7)...
I tested NEGATIVE! 
I really just tested out of curiosity not 
expecting it to be negative but I was so thankful that I did. 
I still wore a mask in the house but I was able to get out of my bedroom!

So there you have my week of Covid isolation. I don't think I've ever felt so sick and terrible, and it wasn't just for those 7 days. It took another three weeks to feel totally back to normal. The fatigue, congestion, cough and loss of taste and smell lingered. Not to mention the brain fog...the brain fog is real! 

All of that though to say, thank goodness I was vaccinated and boosted. I know it could've been much, much worse had I not been. 

Unlike so many, I was just sick. Thankfully, I was just sick. 




















Comments

  1. So glad you pulled thru, Mom and I have been extra careful I just hope we don’t get it.
    You’re a tough woman but be careful in the future.
    Love you
    DAD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dad. Y'all stay safe too

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Florida Farewell