Breckenridge CO 2022

I used to not want to vacation anywhere twice. The wanderlust in me said that you can never recreate someplace you've lived or visited or loved more than once. 

The past three summers have convinced me though, unequivocally, that that isn't true. Since we first lived in Colorado in 2007, I have loved Breckenridge. When we went back to Colorado in 2016, I feel in love with Breck even more. For me, it's the perfect mountain town. We've been in there in every season, but hands down, summer time is the best. Summer in Breckenridge, Colorado is my place. Someday, I'd love to have a little condo there...maybe a house that Matt and I and the kids and their (someday) kids, can grow into. I have my favorite places to eat and shop and sit and walk, my favorite trails, my favorite flowers, my favorite wine shop, my favorite lake, my favorite lookout, and always, my favorite people. 

This year was no exception. I'm already counting down the days until next summer. 


Jennie and I started each day with a walk along the river...
...and ended each night with wine and blankets on the balcony...
Main Street...day after day...many times a day!

Saw Mill Trail 
post-Covid and trying very hard to keep up with the kids



Monte Cristo Gulch 
Boreas Pass 




Troll Trail 



Jennie and I with "the littles" at Blue Lake Trail 









Matt and Tad with "the bigs" at Crystal Lakes 









Behind the scenes look at our last night when we took family pictures...




...followed by one last dinner at Castaways...
...followed by game night which takes on a totally different meaning when playing with college kids...


...followed by photo recreations from 10 years ago...

Until next summer, Breckenridge. 
Until next summer. 























































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Florida Farewell